Notifications
Clear all

Does anyone else have some struggles connecting to other sisters or brothers??  

RSS

gideonawesomeness51
(@gideonawesomeness51)
04/01/2021 10:41 pm  

Hello I'm Gi, 

I just wanted to put this out because I know it's the internet and well for myself it was always a struggle to talk to other christians because it feels like everyone is always competing. I just wanted to ask if anyone has any advice or has experience with that before. 

Thanks 😊

MJosie liked
skyblue
(@skyblue)
Trusted Member
06/01/2021 8:40 am  

Oh competing in what way?

ReplyQuote
curious_child0728
(@curious_child0728)
07/01/2021 1:14 am  

Hello Gi!

I struggle with the same issues as well. I do think there is an odd competition within Christianity which is quite contradictory to the teachings of Jesus regarding love towards the brotherhood amongst believers. Nowadays, it's a little different too because we are more online and I have been seeing that online communities are easier to mingle with. But if you are having trouble talking to fellow believers in person, I would say get to know them first on a personal level and be helpful in things they need (pray together, read the bible together, etc..). Hopefully, that builds common respect amongst each other and help you see each other as a friend rather than in competition with one another.

Hope this helps!

ReplyQuote
colorslinesandspace
(@colorslinesandspace)
Trusted Member
07/01/2021 9:42 pm  

I've experienced this before. It makes the conversation awkward. I'd love to hear from others as well

ReplyQuote
_purifymyheart
(@_purifymyheart)
Eminent Member
08/01/2021 11:58 am  

Hi, Gi 🙂

What do you mean by 'everyone is always competing'..? In what way?

ReplyQuote
Shinjitsunoken
(@shinjitsunoken)
Eminent Member
09/01/2021 7:44 am  

Hi there ! 

Yeah I had that experience too in the past sometimes. Other believers of my age would be busy with their studies or helping in ministry, and base their identity on their success in it, which led to this kind of competitive atmosphere. 
Luckily, I also find people who were not like that. 

I find this sad though, because Jesus taught us that we should always be humble and treat others as if they were superior to us. Just like when Jesus washed his disciples feet. 

ReplyQuote
MJosie
(@mjosie)
Eminent Member
10/01/2021 8:27 am  

Hi Gi, I'm Josie. So glad you mentioned this because I always used to feel this way but something I came to realize is that we are all still imperfect. I try not to be bothered by how others act, but I like to follow after the heart of the disciples who were so humble and always wanting to learn. So I focus on my own personal growth. Hopefully I can set an example for others that way too 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share:
Bible Study for All