Notifications
Clear all

Is Reading New Testament Only Okay  

RSS

skyblue
(@skyblue)
Eminent Member
27/09/2020 7:59 am  

I’ve received New Testament Bibles multiple times, meaning there’re only New Testament in it not the Old Testament. But isn’t both New Testament and Old Testament important? Is only knowing the New Testament enough?

clouds liked
clouds
(@clouds)
29/09/2020 10:01 am  

Both are important to the understanding of the word of God -- the reason is because the New Testament answers many of the questions and mysteries, the promises that God makes, that are posed in the Old Testament. For example, Jesus' birth was prophesied hundreds and thousands of years before his birth -- it would discredit the fulfillment of scripture and very proof of the existence of God, if someone were to exclude the Old Testament scriptures from their understanding of Christianity.

skyblue liked
ReplyQuote
skyblue
(@skyblue)
Eminent Member
30/09/2020 7:57 am  

@clouds

that’s a good point. Thank you. Ya I also think that God gives us both Old Testament and New Testament for a reason. We shouldn’t say either is not important 

ReplyQuote
robinb19
(@robinb19)
Eminent Member
02/10/2020 9:42 am  

I was wondering this too! Today I stopped by the Dollar Store and saw that they had New Testament Bibles (without the Old Testament).

ReplyQuote
clouds
(@clouds)
06/10/2020 8:06 am  

That's so sad, I hope that they realize that only selling the New Testament would leave new believers especially mislead and confused, and for old believers, I'm sure if they didn't know about the importance of the Old Testament, they would also be confused.

ReplyQuote
colorslinesandspace
(@colorslinesandspace)
Eminent Member
20/10/2020 8:27 am  

I dont think it's okay to read only the New Testament because the New Testament references the Old Testament a lot. I'm not sure if it would be possible to understand the New Testament without the Old Testament.

ReplyQuote
Share: