Notifications
Clear all

Jesus' Fulfilling the OT  

RSS

mmcent
(@mmcent)
14/09/2020 8:43 am  

I remember there was a number of Jesus fulfilling OT prophecies (over 200). Have you guys actually tried to count how many prophecies you knew of him fulfilling?

MJosie
(@mjosie)
19/09/2020 4:11 am  

Woah over 200!? That's a lot haha I know he fulfilled many prophecies, but I only know some of the basic ones like how he was born of a virgin and a few others. I feel like I should know more lol 😰 

ReplyQuote
clouds
(@clouds)
19/09/2020 8:58 am  

I heard it was over 300! But personally have not counted them. A good reference is Luke 24:44, to show that Jesus is the fulfillment of the entire Old Testament. This would be intruiging to learn about and list out, however.

ReplyQuote
skyblue
(@skyblue)
Eminent Member
20/09/2020 8:38 am  

I think apostle Paul mentioned about that.

ReplyQuote
robinb19
(@robinb19)
Eminent Member
03/10/2020 9:14 am  

@skyblue Oooo do you know where he mentions it? 😀

ReplyQuote
Shinjitsunoken
(@shinjitsunoken)
06/10/2020 1:09 pm  

I haven't learned all 200+ of them haha but I think it is good to have a couple of them memorized. 
For your own faith, but also to be able to share with those who ask why Jesus is the Messiah, or why the Bible has been written by God.
For example: Isaiah 7:14 (born from a virgin), Isaiah 53 (bear the cross), Zech 9:9 (entering Jerusalem riding on a donkey), Micah 5:2 (being born in Jerusalem), Isaiah 9:1 (preaching in Galilee) etc. 
To be honest, the more you memorize, the more you grow confident in your faith, because you start seeing how the Bible really cannot be written by man. 

ReplyQuote
Share: