Notifications
Clear all

Are there any verses about dinosaurs in the Bible?

colorslinesandspace
(@colorslinesandspace)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

If so, what are they? if not, how come?

Kim4 liked
Shinjitsunoken
(@shinjitsunoken)
Eminent Member

Hmm I heard some people interpreting the figure of the "Leviathan" that appears in the book of Job as a dinosaur... and also that the whale that swallowed Jonah might have been a dinosaur too (because the exact wording to describe it is "big fish"). 

But to be honest, whether it is the case or not, I don't think that makes a big difference. I mean, the Bible is not supposed to teach us biology, but God's Will and Plan for mankind. 
To my knowledge, there is no mention of a koala or a shiba inu in the Bible, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist, right ? haha  

ReplyQuote
colorslinesandspace
(@colorslinesandspace)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Those are really good points. I think I was hoping to find evidence that the history found in the Bible is consistent with the history of the world. But I have come to realize that there are many things that existed in the world that are also not mentioned in the Bible (eg. woolly mammoth, Mayans, etc). The Bible is not an encyclopedia haha. Thanks for this!

Kim4 liked
ReplyQuote
skyblue
(@skyblue)
Trusted Member

I don’t think so and honestly that’s a huge debatable topic in Christianity. I also have thought about that, but my family don’t like it when I raise those kind of questions

Kim4 liked
ReplyQuote
robinb19
(@robinb19)
Estimable Member

@shinjitsunoken
LOL I would be devastated if Shiba Inus did not exist 🙂

But that makes sense....the Bible is not a book that is going to teach us about dinosaurs but God and our hope.

Kim4 liked
ReplyQuote
v0ice0ftruth
(@v0ice0ftruth)
Eminent Member

@shinjitsunoken

Hummm that's interesting! 

ReplyQuote
v0ice0ftruth
(@v0ice0ftruth)
Eminent Member

@robinb19

hahaha agreed !

ReplyQuote
Kim4
 Kim4
(@kim4)

I think the Bible doesn’t talk about everything but what God wants us to understand. 
Because in Jn21:25 it talks about how if everything Jesus did was written down then there would not be enough room 

ReplyQuote
blessedandthankful
(@blessedandthankful)
Eminent Member

@airvent hahaha

robinb19 liked
ReplyQuote
robinb19
(@robinb19)
Estimable Member

@airvent LOL XD

ReplyQuote